Wednesday, October 15, 2014

VALKYRIE INVASION WEEK!! Day 3 - Grimnirs by Ednah Walters

 
 
Hey all, welcome to day 3 of the Valkyrie Invasion Week. If you're just joing us I'll give you a quick recap. This week is all about Author Ednah Walters Runes series, every day we post about one of the books in this series and we add a little something special to make it fun. At the end of the week we'll be having a big giveaway. You can click HERE to see day 1 and HERE to see day 2. Also, why not check out our stop on the SOULS (Grimnirs, book 2) review tour HERE ^_^
 
Today we have book 2.5, Grimnirs. This story is told by Cora, Raine's best friend. So we get to know and understand her better. I just love Cora, she's one kickass chick!! This is also where we meet the hot bad boy reaper, Echo. Hold on to your hats ladies, your next book boyfriend has arrived!! -_^
 
 
 
 
Grimnirs
(Runes, #2.5)
By Ednah Walters
Release Date - 2nd December 2013
Published by - Firetrail Publishing
 
 
**The series number for this book is in chronological order. This is a full-length book of the "Runes" series**
Straight out of the psych ward, Cora just wants her life to be normal. She doesn’t want to see souls or the reapers collecting them. The guy she’s loved from a distance for years moves away without saying goodbye. So yes, she’s nursing a serious heartbreak. It’s no wonder love is the last thing on her mind when Echo storms into her life.

The chemistry between them is mind-blowing.The connection defies logic. Even better, the souls leave her alone when he is around.

Too bad Echo is the poster boy for everything she hates in a guy—hot, beautiful,and cocky. He is also a soul reaper. A Grimnir.
The very beings she wants out of her life. Maybe normal is overrated because Cora wants it all. Answers. Love. A life
 
 
 
 
You can read my review for Grimnirs HERE


Purchase
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ednah Walters

EDNAH WALTERS grew up reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and dreaming of one day writing her own stories. She is a stay-at-home mother of five humans and two American short-hair cats (one of which has ADHD) and a husband. When she is not writing, she’s at the gym doing Zumba or doing things with her family, reading, traveling or online chatting with fans.
Ednah is the author of The Guardian Legacy series, a YA fantasy series about children of the fallen angels, who fight demons and protect mankind. AWAKENED, the prequel was released by Pill Hill Press in September 2010 with rave reviews. BETRAYED, book one in the series was released by her new publisher Spencer Hill Press in June 2012 and HUNTED, the third installment, was released March 2013. She’s working on the next book in the series, FORGOTTEN.

Ednah also writes YA paranormal romance. RUNES is the first book in her new series. IMMORTALS is book 2. She just released book 3, GRIMNIRS December 2013. Read more about this series and the world she's created on this website.
Under the pseudonym E. B. Walters, Ednah writes contemporary romance. SLOW BURN, the first contemporary romance with suspense, was released in April 2011. It is the first book in the Fitzgerald family series. Since then she has published five more books in this series. She's presently working on book seven.

 
 

 

Interview with Cora
 

 


Stacey: Why were you given the name Cora?

Cora: My grandmother was Coraline. I’m named after her.

Stacey: What, if anything, does your zodiac sign mean to you?
 
Cora: My birthday is December 5th. I am Sagittarius, the Archer. Sagittarians have lively personality and are optimists. I am a typical Sagittarian. I’m direct, forthright, and I say what I think.

Stacey: How much pride do you take in your appearance?

Cora *laughs*: A lot. I don’t care what anyone says, people are drawn by the visuals and I take care of my appearance. My hair is always nicely styled. I love to shop and dress nice. I don’t mind waking up thirty minutes early, so when I step out the door, I look my best. Echo might not admit it but he was first attracted to all this. *waves her hand to indicate her face*

Stacey: Are you also attracted to guys because of their appearance?

Cora *laughs*: At first, but what holds my interest is their personality.

Stacey: Where do you currently live (town, neighborhood, locale)? Do you like it?

Cora: Kayville, Oregon Wine Country. I’m okay with it. Before I met Echo, I couldn’t wait to finish high school and leave. Now, it’s not so bad. When with him, other cities, countries, even realms is just a portal away.

Stacey: Who is your best friend? Describe them briefly.

Cora *smiles*: I have two. Raine, beautiful hair, hazel eyes, freckles, tough as nails, yet the most loyal friend ever. Then there’s Echo. I never knew I could be best friends with a guy. That he’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a man only makes it perfect.

Stacey: What is your greatest talent?

Cora *laughs*: I’m good with makeup, hair and clothes. I might one day be a stylist if this soul business doesn’t take too much of my time.

Stacey: Do you have any irrational fears/phobias?

Cora *squints*: Not really. I live in a farm, so bugs and small animals don’t bother me.

Stacey: What is your worst habit/vice?

Cora: Curling my hair. I hate flat iron and blow driers, which means it takes forever to do my hair. But the end result is so worth it.

Stacey: What is your most cherished possession?

Cora *lifts her hand to display a ring*: A promise ring from Echo. It belonged to his mother and his grandmother before her.

Stacey *studies the ring*: It is gorgeous. Is the writing runic?

Cora: No, it is Druidic. The middle one has a special meaning.
awen 1

Stacey: What?
 
Cora *points at the three rays that converge at an apex*: This is called Awen. The three rays have different meanings. The left and right rays symbolize female and male energy. The center ray is their harmonious balance.

Stacey *touches the three spirals*: And this one?

Cora: That’s the triskellion. It represents Druidic virtues.

triskel


Stacey: Nice. What makes you blush?

Cora: That’s easy. When my mother calls my boyfriend hot. There’s the ew factor, but at the same time, I’m reminded Mom is a woman too

Stacey: What was your relationship status with Echo when you first met him?

Cora: Are you kidding? I’d just left the crazy house at the beginning of the story and I was in a terrible state to have a relationship. I hated Echo for the things he said and did. Well, kinda.


 
*****************************************
 
 
Gah, seriously love her to bits!!! ^_^
 
 
Make sure to check back tomorrow for the next book, Seeress.
 
 
HAPPY READING!!!
 
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...